Ryan Durgin is responsible for all aspects of computer setup, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades and maintenance. Prior to joining our staff in December 2017, he served as IT support specialist for Neighbors Emergency Center and Optum Healthcare. Ryan holds a Bachelor of Arts in communication studies from the University of Rhode Island.
1. What do you like doing outside of work hours? Any hobbies?
I like to watch TV, spend time with my two cats and homebrew beer.
2. What fictional family would you like to be a member of and why?
“The Simpsons”; I’ve always been a big fan. I was Bart’s age when I started watching and now I’m older than Homer.
3. What’s on your travel bucket list?
I’ve never been to Ireland, and I’d really like to go. My grandparents on my mom’s side grew up there and it seems like everyone else in my family has already been.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure binge TV/streaming service show?
Anything Marvel on Disney+. I’m watching “Moon Knight” right now and it’s great!
5. What is the first album/CD/digital download you bought?
Cassette tape: DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince “He’s the DJ, I’m the Rapper”
6. What is the last thing you read for fun?
“Experimental Homebrewing: Mad Science in the Pursuit of Great Beer” by Denny Conn and Drew Beechum
7. If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which ones would you keep?
Waze, Discord and Gmail.
8. What is your favorite time of day and why?
I like the morning; I can get things done without distractions.
9. Have you ever met anyone famous? What did you talk about?
I met comedian Artie Lange and he insisted I looked exactly like Babe Ruth.
10. What is your favorite part of your job?
I like being proud of the company I work for. I think we do great work and help a lot of students!