Victor Montanez, a former Crusader, is a program specialist for the high school and postsecondary teams. He graduated from Mount Pleasant High School in 2010 and earned Bachelor of Science in sociology with a concentration in criminal justice and a minor in psychology from the University of Rhode Island in 2015. He first joined the Crusade as an advisor, serving at Esek Hopkins Middle School and Times2 Academy.
1. What was your favorite program as a Crusader?
CAAP, because you got to meet so many other Crusaders and learn to work apart as a team. All the trips that we took were also so much fun! And after-school Cru Club; my high school advisor Dwayne is incredible!
2. What’s the last great TV show or movie you watched?
“Curb Your Enthusiasm”
3. What photo do you have on your phone screen background?
My niece and nephew!
4. What’s your dream travel destination?
Bolivia or Costa Rica
5. If you could live anywhere else, where would it be?
Anywhere on the beach, or anywhere with an amazing view.
6. What’s your favorite thing to cook or eat?
To eat: Chicken wings are my favorite. Any flavor! To cook: Pastelón, a classic Puerto Rican dish.
7. What’s your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate?
Tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Love spending holidays with family eating great food.
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl for sure!
9. What is the best part of your job? \
All the amazing people I work with and being able to service our students to achieve their goals!
10 What’s your life motto or favorite saying?
Don’t count the days, make the days count.