Sarah Lessard is our program specialist working with the middle school team, where she coordinates our reporting system, oversees student program attendance and service data, and plays a key role in our daily communications with families and students. Before taking on this role, she served as a middle school advisor in Cranston and West Warwick. Sarah holds a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and a Bachelor of Science in human development and family studies from URI and a T.E.F.L. certification from Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year (post-pandemic, of course), where would it be?
I would choose to live in Italy (to eat all the pasta!) or I would go back to Spain (I miss the croquetas and flamenco.)
2. What is the best part of your job?
The co-workers! And seeing students enjoy our programs.
3. We heard you and your friends started a book club during the pandemic. What was your favorite book so far?
Right now, we are reading “The Samurai’s Garden” written by Gail Tsukiyama, and it’s good so far! I also liked “How Starbucks Saved My Life” written by Michael Gates Gill.
4. What two or three people would you love to meet for coffee?
My grandfather on my father’s side (he passed away before I was born). I’ve heard wonderful stories about him, and he was also a World War II veteran. Also, Lady Gaga. I still want to know why she thought wearing a meat dress was a good idea.
5. You became an aunt last summer! What family traditions are you looking forward to carrying on with your niece as she grows up?
Teaching her how to make homemade pasta! Every year, my mom throws a “pasta party” and we make ravioli, gnocchi, linguini, and homemade gravy and clam sauce.
6. You have to sing karaoke; what song do you pick?
You would never ever catch me singing karaoke! But if I had to sing a song, I’d choose “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” by the Eurhythmics.
7. If you could learn one new personal or professional skill, what would it be?
Mastering the art of public speaking (without turning red haha!)
8. What is something your co-workers might not know about you?
I’m a certified Reiki Master Practitioner! I’m also a claircognizant; I’ve predicted things that haven’t yet happened, and I’ve also seen things for people, yet I wouldn’t have ever known about it. Information just randomly comes to me out of the blue.
9. What favorite food or restaurant are you looking forward to once things open up more?
In general, I miss being able to go out for a drink and sit at a bar.
10. We learned during the HS team Kahoot that you’re a twin. Did you get into any twin mischief growing up? Any “twin intuition” experiences?
This is strange, and we discovered this a few years ago. But whenever I have a headache, my brother gets one the next day! But never the other way around. Poor guy.