High school advisor Karol Ramirez graduated from the Academy for Career Exploration and earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in Spanish and sociology with a minor in psychology from the University of Rhode Island. Prior to joining the College Crusade, she served as an intern at Leviton Dual Language School in Providence, assisting students and teachers in a fourth-grade Spanish classroom.
- What was your favorite pandemic purchase?
My favorite pandemic purchase was an air fryer.
- What activity or interest is a stress reliever for you?
Going to the gym is a great stress reliever for me.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As a kid, I wanted to be a lawyer because I knew my aunt was a lawyer and I wanted to be just like her.
- What is your favorite food or meal?
My favorite food is tacos.
- What’s the best trip/vacation you’ve ever taken?
When I went to Punta Cana with my boyfriend back in 2019. We did an excursion to “Isla Saona,” which is a small island in the Dominican Republic, and what was really awesome was that off the shore of the island, the water is waist-deep, so we were literally in the middle of the ocean just waist-deep. It was a great experience, they call it “a natural pool.”
- If you had to delete all but three apps from your phone, which ones would you keep?
I would keep Netflix, Instagram and Grubhub.
- What was your favorite class in college?
SOC 430 – Intimate relationships; we had the opportunity to design a dating app. We had to have a target group, what goals/outcomes we wanted this app to have, how accessible it would be to people, etc. It was a pretty fun class.
- What totally out-of-character thing would you do if you had the time, guts or resources?
A totally out-of-character thing I would do is go sky diving. I don’t have the guts to do it, and I am also afraid of heights but maybe one day.
- What music is your usual soundtrack?
Rap/hip-hop. Anything with Drake.
- If you could listen to only one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“Nothing Was the Same” by Drake.